Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NYC Flat Iron Green with LA Colors Current

This is a manicure I have been wearing since Sunday. I know, that's just crazy, but I love it and I have been busy this past week so I have not had time to do my nails. Last Sunday my cousin, Lana, came over to check out the stamps she has seen me blog about. While she was raiding my stash, she let me play with the NYC Flat Iron Green that she had in her purse.

It is a deep, blackened moss green. It can tend to look black without direct light, but as usual I'm a sucker for the dark ones! This was two coats plus a top coat. Application could have been better, it was somewhat runny, but at the same time tended to pull away from the cuticles.





I stamped it with the LA Colors Current, which is the actual name for the "lime" color I showed you last week. It brought out the green from NYC and just gave it a nice velvety look. I'm loving this manicure right now! It is hanging on perfectly for the 4th day of wear now... :D



I used Bundle Monster Plate BM-205 for the stamping...

Brand: NYC New York Color
Collection: In a New York Color Minute
Color Name/Number: 214 Flat Iron Green

Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) Free

So while I was playing with that, Lana, chose a manicure in LA Colors Blue (still not sure what the official name for this one is). She stamped it with some cute flowers using WnW French White Creme. She really wanted to do them in yellow, but turns out I don't have a one coat yellow that would work. Time to go shopping?


My sister-in-law also stopped by in the evening and joined in the manicure fun. She painted hers in Zoya Isla, a gorgeous red I have yet to try. Hers were stamped with WnW Black Creme and a silver butterfly on the ring fingers (which decided it did not want to be photographed... shy?).


Both of them stamped with flowers from the Bundle Monster BM-224 plate...

Thanks for reading!
Anutka :)

4 comments:

  1. This green looks great, I think I have this polish or maybe what I have is green witch village or something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your stamping! It looks great! Also, just wanted to let you know I nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award! You can see it here!: http://tarasnails.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous mani's, especially yours and Lana's. I really love the BM stamping designs. I've been seeing these around a lot and I've been resisting the temptation to get myself a couple. I wonder how long I can put that off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Polish AMOR, I will have to see if I can find that one. Love the name :)

    @Tara, thanks for the award! I think I have gotten that one before, but I will repost :D

    @Witoxicity, I tried to hold of buying them too, but failed. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...