Friday, June 15, 2012

Colorama Absinto Cowgirls Up...

I think I may have really lost it when naming this post. In any case, today I wanted to show you another Brazilian polish that I got in a swap with Fran of Francirocks. This is Colorama Absinto. According to Google translator, Absinto means Absinthe which is a green aromatic liqueur. I tend to picture Absinthe much brighter and greener, but I'm no liqueur expert so we'll leave it at that.


Instead of liqueur, the color somehow made me think of cowgirl dresses and boots. Something I would expect paired with brown leather and detail. Just to show you what I'm talking about, I found a few examples...




Getting back to the manicure, I stamped two cowboy/girl themed images from the new Mash-37 plate. The stamps worked flawlessly, but I did smudge the horseshoe pattern when applying my top coat and didn't have time for a re-do. For the stamping polish I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Coco a-go-go. I think the manicure turned out pretty cute, despite the smudges...



Colorama Absinto is a pretty mint green with just the slightest green shimmer. The shimmer was kind of a surprise as I did not notice it at all in the bottle, but it did catch my eye as I was applying the polish. The formula and application were great. The brush was wonderful to work with. It is a bit sheer, so this is three coats with a top coat...





Swatch Details
Brand: Colorama
Collection: Cremoso
Color Name/Number: Absinto
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know your thoughts on this manicure!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

13 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and blogging

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the out come. I like seeing how you get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. love to see how your inspiration comes about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute, I love the color and the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice--love seeing the inspiration photos. I'm with you, absinthe is much more lime green, not minty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorites nail polishes, I am very happy you liked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this manicure.very inspiring.love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice manicure, I can see how you captured your inspiration perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first time I comment, but I could not stand ... absinthe of Colorama is a polish that I loved from the first time I saw him! the brand seems like a very good value for money and yet in my country is considered a cheap nail polish and low quality (here in Argentina if not OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen .... or imported, is not considered quality but I think differently, there are brands with excellent quality and low cost) ... I have read criticism calling it common and without grace! I think it's beautiful color and in fact I have many Colorama in my collection ... I really love the combination of colors you used and cowgirl boots are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much girls. I'm glad you like the manicure and seeing the inspiration. I think if I owned cowgirl boots, they would be this color... style might be a bit different though ;)

    @Fran, thank you for including one of your favorites in our swap! I love it :)

    @Princesa, Thank you for commenting! I think a polish does not have to be expensive or brand name to be beautiful. I love Absinthe and had no idea that it was inexpensive or considered "low quality," until you just said it. In fact, I was rather impressed with the formula and loved the brush. I'm very happy to have this one in my collection and I would have lots more Colorama in my collection too if I could! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always a fan of your inspiration manicures ;) I have to say that I really like the long and narrow stamp... I am eyeing that one ;)

    Love the pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Marta! I cannot wait to see what magic you create with it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...